Gwen’s Turkey, Potato & Gravy Bake
Thanksgiving leftovers? This is our favorite way to have a delicious dinner with Thanksgiving dinner leftovers. Hopefully you still have some fresh cranberry sauce around. Some leftover rolls don't hurt either.
3-4 C leftover turkey (not
6-8 C turkey-mushroom gravy
10 C mashed potatoes with skin on (new potatoes or Russet)
Rosemary sprig, fresh
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Shred turkey by hand into bite-sized pieces.
2. Put turkey pieces in a deep oven safe 9x13-inch baking casserole dish.
3. Cover turkey with 2-cups of the gravy (this moistens the turkey during baking).
4. Dollop spoonful’s of mashed potatoes in an even layer over the turkey and gravy. Press just enough to make potatoes come together so there are no gaps, but leave the potato surface fairly mountainous and bumpy to hold the top layer of gravy.
5. Cover with remaining gravy and cover casserole tightly with tin foil.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Remove from oven and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Post a Comment